Tonight I made the Chicken Tikka Masala with brown rice from the latest magazine and it was absolutely scrummy. Literally as good as a takeaway, please please please try this recipe:
4 tbsp tikka spice blend 1 tsp finely grated root ginger
juice of 1 lime 1 red chilli deseeded & finely chopped
200g FF natural yoghurt 8 tbsp tomato puree
salt and pepper 200g passata with garlic & onions
4 skinless chicken breasts diced 1/4 tsp sweetner
3 mixed peppers chopped 300mls chicken stock
frylight 1 cinnamon stick
onion diced 250g dried rice
4 garlic cloves finely chopped 4 tbsp FF fromage frais
small handful of finely chopped coriander to garnish
1. In a bowl mix half of the tikka blend, lime juice and yoghurt, season. Add chicken and peppers toss well and marinade preferably overnight (but I did mine for 1 hour).
2. Cook onion in frylight over a medium heat for 5-6 mins. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and remaining tikka blend cook for 2-3 mins. Stir in tomato puree, passata, sweetner, stock and cinnamon stick. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook gently for 20-25 mins, stirring often.
3. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high and line grill tray with foil. Thread chicken and peppers onto 8 metal skewers. Spray with frylight and grill for 15 mins turning once or twice or until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are soft.
5. Remove chicken and peppers from skewers stir into the sauce then mix in fromage frais. Remove cinnamon stick. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.